July 26, 2005

UK bombings and aftermath

Well all that negative energy I was wondering about has perhaps
manifested, although it's strange that it hasn't hit the US at all
despite the various afflictions to the US chart.

One thing is for sure -- the UK is afflicted at this time, and I'm
kicking myself for not having spotted it. I would also look at the
Jan 1, 1801 chart for the UK when it officially became the United
Kingdom.

By Vedic reckoning the 1801 chart has some obvious afflictions for
today: a nodal return so that Ketu was conjunct Ketu in the 1st
house, and transit Mars -- lord of the 3rd house of transport -- was
exactly conjunct natal Rahu. Nodes are usually bad news, especially
when configured with malefics.

On the Political astrology list, I had thought that this time around
July 5th would feature some significant destructive event, albeit in
the US. Here's what I posted there on June 2nd:

"Certainly there are a lot of afflictions to the USA chart on July
5th. It's possible that something fairly major will go down that day
(+/-1 day) I don't think Bush is going to cop it at that time,
although I don't know enough about the astrology of assassination to
rule out some sort of an attempt.

My sense is it's more likely to be something that affects the country
as a whole rather than Bush personally. His Saturn-Jupiter dasha
period just doesn't seem afflicted enough for him to die. I think his
time may come next year after Mercury's major period starts in the
spring."

So while I was off by two days and got the place of the event quite
wrong, it seems inescapable that this is the event that shows up in
the US-related charts. It's possible that another attack is possible
in the coming days, but I doubt it.

It's interesting too that so many foresaw a threat to Bush's life at
this time. I didn't, but I wasn't clever enough to predict a fall
from a bicycle at the G8. Bush collided with a UK security officer
in a rainy bike ride. He suffered only minor scrapes. That's what a
good dasha period can do for you: when Mars aspects your lagnesh
Moon, you only fall off bikes instead of perhaps making a early exit
from this mortal coil.



In my most recent July Update and World Forecast posted on the
mundane-astrology list posted July 10th, I wondered if there might be a
problem with the UK investigation:


"With Mercury stationing in the close proximity of Rahu and Mercury
being the
ruling planet of the UK chart, look for some confusion in
the coming days in the
second half of July. This may well signal the
anti-Muslim backlash that has been
feared in the wake of the
bombings. Perhaps the Mercury will also hamper police

investigations into the attacks and may make it more difficult than
usual to
find the perpetrators. False leads are likely, possibly
even an arrest of the
wrong persons."

On July 23rd, the London police shot and killed an innocent Brazilian man who was wearing a heavy coat and ran away from police. This is a tragic fulfilling of the Mercury-Rahu potential in the UK chart.

http://modernvedicastrology.com

No comments: