April 02, 2008

Hillary's back to the wall -- again

Things haven't been going well for Hillary Clinton lately. After the boost she received in the wake of the Jeremiah Wright revelations in mid-March, she stepped in it all over again with the Bosnian sniper "misremembering", the Richardson endorsement of Obama, and several key Democrats calling for her to pull out of the campaign for the sake of party unity. Her inability to keep the momentum she had in early March has led a growing number of commentators to predict her eventual defeat. I had expected late-March to be better for her so I admit to being a little puzzled. Mostly I was relying on her campaign chart and thought that the Mercury-Venus transit across that chart's ascendant would see gains for her. In fact, the opposite occurred. It's possible that I simply misinterpreted the transit effects due to the presence of the often unpredictable Rahu near the ascendant. Another possibility is the campaign chart is inaccurate.

Whatever the case, it's important to distinguish between types of predictions. Missing a prediction on a relatively minor event or trend on the campaign trail is not the same as missing the outcome of a primary or an election. Since there is far more at stake in an election contest, the manifestations in the horoscope are almost always stronger and easier to read. That's why my inability to foresee Hillary's recent decline in the polls doesn't change by basic assessment of her chances in Pennsylvania and the Democratic nomination. I still see her winning the Pennsylvania primary. And as unlikely as it now seems, I still see her winning the nomination. Astrology aside, I don't know how this will happen. To say it's going to be an uphill road is an understatement. It may require some nasty legal challenges to the DNC over FL and MI delegates, or it may hinge on some improbable Obama scandal.

I've been gratified by the many readers that have requested updates of my forecast of this election campaign. I can't imagine how agonizing it must be for Hillary Clinton supporters to watch the ups and (especially) downs unfold on the news every night in this seemingly interminable campaign. Sorry for being a bit casual in my posting. Aside from being very busy, the truth is I haven't found any new information that has warranted a substantial revision of my original prediction. I did feel bad I missed the recent decline in her fortunes, but as I see it, it's not that big of deal, either for my analysis, or for her campaign. For the next few weeks, I think her campaign will continue to be regarded as a long shot without any real chance of winning. There will be more little points scored along the way on both sides of course. Look for an intensification of the sniping and mud-slinging on both sides around April 11th. I think Hillary will gain a small advantage from that phase The April 16th debate looks very good for Hillary. Venus is conjunct her natal part of fortune on that day which usually indicates situations that work in one's favour. Also transiting Sun and Mercury will be aspected by his natal Rahu. This usually signals an awkward and unfavourable situation. He may appear come off as overly combative or perhaps just a little out of control here and his arguments will not be effective.

After the presumed win on April 22, what I'm watching for next is for the race to change its fundamental complexion in May. I think time around May 2 may prove to be a pivotal date as Obama's chart has a number of difficult patterns such as the transiting 12th lord Mercury conjoining his Moon, and transiting Mars opposing his Saturn. While I initially thought Hillary would have been out in front by now, I've also said all along that the May and June were going to be the critically difficult months for Barack Obama. Originally, I saw him dropping out of the race at this time. This now seems impossible given the delegate counts and the larger party dynamics, but the negative energy is still in place for him then so his candidacy will suffer some major setbacks that will make his candidacy no longer appear inevitable. This will be a bit like what the campaign was like in the days following Texas and Ohio, only much more so.

If there are some new or unexpected developments, I will be sure to post something promptly.

12 comments:

Twilight said...

Thanks for the update, Christopher.

Although the media are talking HRC down, I've stopped listening (or taking notice) of their views. All they're really doing is filling their time in order to receive their paychecks. With few admirable exceptions they are "in the tank" for Obama, and will say anything to promote him, and please their masters.

I'm encouraged that you are sticking to your prediction that May/June may see a change of focus, and that HRC will eventually succeed as Dem. nominee. It seems unlikely from what we are being told now, but I try to remember that there are millions still waiting to vote, millions who have more information to hand about Obama than early voters had available to them - more's the pity.

Even if HRC can never catch up fully delegate-wise, very large wins from now on would do a lot to encourage superdelegates to favor her rather than Obama.

You were right before about "something" coming along to stop Obama, or slow him down - maybe you'll be right again. Hoping so.

Thanks again!

Getty1206 said...

Chris,
You made my day/week/month!! I do feel somewhere in my gut (and always have) that she will be able to secure the nomination. It comforts my heart and soul and gives me the hope I need fight against all of what the biased press and members of the Democratic party are doing to HRC. When will someone finally yell out, "The Emporer has no clothes!".
Thanks, again, Chris, for your insight and your commentary...I love it!! I look forward to more updates and I especially look forward to your predictions playing out. You have been generally right on!!

christy said...

Thanks for your analysis, Chris. I do appreciate your time and effort. I'm always looking forward to your updates. Again, thanks a lot!!!

Unknown said...

I know you wrote you are very busy, but If you have read the following-
http://www.councilvedicastrology.org/FA_President6.htm

It's very interesting.

Christopher Kevill said...

Thanks everybody. And thanks for the link Prakhar. Interesting analysis. Astrologers are certainly allowed to change their minds as new data comes to light, but how much of this new data is just poll numbers? From an astrological point of view, this whole race has an asterisk because the birth times of the two principles are not certain. So there's wiggle room if one gets it wrong. I know I'm not 100% certain of either BHO or HRC's times but I'm fairly sure about it, at least enough to make a prediction about it. If I get it wrong in the end, then my analysis should be the main source of error rather than the birth time.

blazer08 said...

Interesting indeed. I went to the councilvedicastrology site. It looks like they're using a slightly different DOB for both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama than what Chris has on his post.
That makes a huge difference. The only way to know which time is correct is by correlating important life events with transits on each chart and seeing which is more likely. Unless we hear otherwise, I am going to guess that the birth times Chris is using are the correct ones for both candidates. (Another interesting omen if you will, is that more presidents in US history have born in October than in any other month.)

Christopher Kevill said...

blazer -- the CVA analysis uses a time for Hillary that is only 2 minutes away from the time I am using. Not that signficant, although one may make a case for it. I was surprised to see her use a very different time for Obama however -- 9.06 instead of 13.06. This is hugely speculative in my opinion. There is also another degree of possible interpretive error with her mention of links to the USA chart since this particular chart is also not cast in stone but is merely one chart out of many possible charts.

Unknown said...

Hi Chris

You mentioned 'The April 16th debate looks very good for Hillary Venus is conjunct her natal part of fortune on that day'
Would the timing of the debate on 16th April (8.00 PM to 10.00 PM EST) make any difference

Unknown said...

Chris,

CVA used 9.06 as birth time in ther prediction I. But in their latest prediction VI, they changed it to 13.06.

Christopher Kevill said...

The timing of the debate could be important in so far as the position of the Moon changes. At the time of the debate it will be at 25 Leo. This is close to the 7th house cusp of Hillary's campaign chart, which is conjunct Ketu and opposite Uranus. The Obama campaign chart has more or the less the same placement of these slow moving planets, but in Hillary's chart they are on the angles. Overall, I think it highlights how intense the experience will be for her. It's also more negative than positive, but given the other influences that day, I don't think it changes things much.

Unknown said...

CVA actually changed the Birth time of Obama to 13.06 in part III of predictions.
http://www.councilvedicastrology.org/FA_President3.htm

Even then they stuck with Hillary to Win. Looks like they changed that in VI

Unknown said...

Is there any way to say how big of a win PA is going to be for Hillary? What are her chances in North Carolina? Looks like She would win Indiana anyway? But the turnaround looks like how big she would win in PA and if she could pull off an upset in North Carolina?