May 13, 2008

Trouble looms for the Obama campaign

While Hillary Clinton is poised for a lopsided win in West Virginia tonight, most observers no longer consider the primaries to be relevant any more, now that Barack Obama has moved into an unassailable delegate lead. Obama is now focusing his campaign speeches exclusively on Republican John McCain while wooing superdelegates in Washington. This is clearly his time to bask in the media glow as the de facto presumptive nominee of the Democratic Party.

Despite this apparent resolution in this fractious and hard-fought race, I believe that this situation will be thrown into chaos in the weeks ahead as some very malefic alignments form in the Obama campaign chart. (Feb 10 2007 10.13 a.m. Springfield, IL). Given the uncertainty that surrounds Obama's actual birth time (and Hillary's, too, for that matter) , the campaign launch charts have been fairly reliable indicators of the ebb and flow of the race. Although I've made some interpretive mistakes here and there, I can think of no better confirmation of the usefulness of this chart than the Jupiter station that occurred exactly on the Midheaven (unequal 10th house cusp) during last week, when Obama was flying high coming off the convincing win in NC. While I saw him doing well on May 6th, I underestimated the power of this configuration. The Jupiter station has raised him from frontrunner to de facto nominee as most observers agree that his lead cannot be surmounted by Hillary and the race is essentially over.

While I am reluctant to argue against something as powerful as a Jupiter station on the 10th house cusp, I can't help but see that Obama is going to be sideswiped very soon. One of the distinguishing features of the his campaign chart is a t-square involving Saturn (27 Cancer) , Moon (0 Scorpio), and a conjunction of Neptune (25 Capricorn) and the Sun (27 Capricorn). This is a negative influence as I see it, and suggests the failure or loss (Saturn) of a popular (Moon) dream (Neptune) of a leader (Sun). This potential will be realized through the movements of two key planets -- Rahu/Ketu and Mars. The Lunar Nodes, Rahu and Ketu, are fast approaching this Sun-Neptune-Saturn configuration. While the nodes have a changeable influence, they are more neutrally associated with breaking down structures and normal patterns. Rahu will soon conjoin the natal Sun-Neptune and produce exaggerated and distorted sense of idealism, overconfidence and entitlement, while Ketu comes to the Saturn and will tend to erase boundaries and structures of power. It's important to note that Hillary Clinton has a similar architecture of planets that will be subjected to this nodal influence in June and July. In her case, however, the Moon and Venus take the place of Obama's Sun. So it's clear that the nodal transit to this point (25-27 Capricorn) will cause great changes to the dynamic of the race. I think the effect of this transiting Rahu will be more damaging to Obama because his natal planets are aligned with that Moon in the first degree of Scorpio.

This is a potentially difficult placement since the Moon is debilitated in Scorpio and is associated with excessive and unpredictable emotions, weakness and sickness (especially with the Neptune influence) and difficulties involving women and sexuality. While this may simply refer to the fact that his main opponent in this race is a woman, I think there is also the possibility that he may be embarrassed by some kind scandal, perhaps one that involves sex. Another possible explanation might be some kind of unethical real estate dealings that come to light, because the debilitated Moon, as 4th lord of home and land is placed in the malefic 8th house. I know there has already been some talk of real estate transactions involving the shady Chicago political mogul Tony Rezko, so it's possible that something like that might come back into the picture. Still another possible scenario involves an exogenous event such as a sudden geopolitical or military development that compels people to rethink their confidence in Obama. In such a event, his perceived softness in foreign policy might be compounded by ill-considered comments. The most obvious time window to watch for these events to unfold is when transiting Mars moves into the first degree of Leo around June 21. This difficult and disturbing situation may in fact manifest earlier, say starting around June 14 when transiting Mars conjoins the transiting Ketu to conjoin the natal Saturn.

While there is likely going to be a single event that changes the race, I am also expecting Hillary's fortunes to improve perhaps as soon as the last week of May. This may not correspond to much improvement in her chances of winning right away, but look for hints of better coverage and small successes. This will be partially due to the retrograding of Mercury then, which occurs on May 26th, which his is often associated with reversals of established trends. The first significant indicator that Hillary's fortunes are looking up should come around June 3rd when transiting Mars conjoins its natal position in Hillary's chart. With Mars in her 10th house of status and leadership, this looks like a bold, assertive, in-your-face sort of move. This corresponds with the date of the last primary, so it likely has something to do with delegate counts and possibly the ongoing dispute over the Michigan and Florida delegates. It seems unlikely that Hillary can reverse this Obama coronation at the convention through purely tactical and legal means, since her aides admitted said that she still trails Obama even when potential delegates from MI and FL are included in the count. I think for the race to be recast, I think the scandal/big event scenario seems more likely. And yet, there is also a sense of a gradual shift in momentum that happens here over the course of June and beyond. I'll see if I can post something else if details become clearer to me.

Two other dates to watch out for are July 28th and August 5th. On July 28th, transiting Mars conjoins the natal Ketu of the Obama campaign chart. Since Hillary's chart has more or less the same placement of the nodes, this looks to be a sudden situation that catches people off guard, perhaps in both camps. What's worse for Obama is that this Mars will oppose his Venus which is often a sign of conflict, anger and loss of happiness. As I've mentioned before, the first week of August, These looks extremely volatile as tr Mars opposes tr Uranus. This will negatively activate the Mars in the Democratic Party chart as well as the Mars in Obama's birth chart. This appears to be the time of the most intense conflict and state of upset and division between the two rival campaigns. This fight may threaten the very existence of the Democratic Party.

In a nutshell, this race is far from over. And I still think Hillary Clinton will somehow emerge as the Democratic nominee.

35 comments:

Twilight said...

I like the sound of that, Chris! Thanks.

If Obama is now going against John McCain rather than HRC, presuming himself to be the nominee, that's going to bring forth some of the Republican attack brigade - a little early. Maybe that's from whence the trouble you see will come.

Republicans have probably been working away for months to find tasty scandals to lob at Obama once the time is right. As you say, we've already had hints of a few of them, but nothing the mainstream media has cottoned on to - yet.

Obama may be shooting himself in the foot by starting so early.

When all this is over - when some years have passed, I can easily imagine movies being made with the twists and turns of this story as centerpiece. Will Smith in the lead?

Getty1206 said...

Thanks, Chris. I actually got a tear in my eye when I read your latest posted comment in regard to another vedic atrology site:

"They are going to feel pretty silly when she ends up winning the nomination! :-)".

And then I read your commentary from today which warmed my heart. I am feeling hopeful again. :)

Pandora said...

Hillary won WV by a wide margin (2 to 1). I believe in the remaining primaries Puerto Rico is the wild card. Puerto Rico is the only state in Dem primary that has allocated delegates as winner take all in all previous primaries. It has total of 55 delegates. I believe that the local party has not decided if they would stick to winner take all or not but if they do then Hillary has a very good chance to pick up all 55 delegates. Of course DNC could pressure the local party to switch to proportional delegate allocation. By the end of all primaries if Hillary is within 100 pledged delegates and leads in popular votes then this thing is going to the convention. Remember superdelegates can switch and their vote is not officially counted until the convention so it does not matter who they endorse now.

Christopher Kevill said...

twilight -- Good point about the Republicans possibly doing the dirty work on Obama which will benefit Hillary in the end. Who knows where some of these "surprises" and scandals come from?

getty -- I was very impressed with her victory speech in WV tonight. It was excellent, by any standard. It's clear she's going to see this to the end. I'm not certain she will win, but it seems like the mostly likely outcome. The worst case scenario might be her taking the VP.

pandora -- Thanks for the heads up about PR winner take all. You raise the possibility of Hillary just winning this thing by keeping the count close and then hoping to erode Obama's popularity by the convention. I don't quite see that since there will be some critical events occurring before the convention. Some of these events may involve the MI and FL delegate question being settled in favour of Clinton but I feel there are too many of these dates out there to believe the 'slow attrition' scenario.

Jackarooty said...

Hi Chris,
I was so happy (okay, really surprised) to read your update. My sister and I have been following your blog for months and were nearly devastated when you updated on May 1st and backtracked on your previous confident assessment that HRC would win the nomination. I just feel that it is her destiny. There is a lot of mud out in cyberspace to be flung at BHO. Twilight you brought up a very interesting point about the RNC. They have been locked and loaded for months. getty1206 it would be an understatement that "They are going to feel pretty silly when she ends up winning the nomination! :-)". I am a life long resident of Massachusetts. Now didn't Senators Kennedy, Kerry and my new guv Deval Patrick do a mighty fine job bring home the state for Obama. Oh wait...HRC won by 15 points! I don't want the MSM telling me who I should vote for! They have been moving the goalposts for her since Iowa...but she is tenacious.

VioletVal said...

While I have been impressed by many of your previous predictions, Chris, one prediction that gave me pause was your forecast of a loss for Hillary in West Virginia, especially with polls indicating she was way ahead. How did you get it so wrong?

Citizen said...

Thank You. I feel a lot better, as I still think Hillary is the best candidate. I don't actively dislike Obama, but what I do dislike is his sense of entitlement and some of the people that surround him. I don't think they are very "real" - and the strong win in West Virginia for Hillary shows this. Calling for her to step down repeatedly from his supporters has just irritated me, and I have never in my whole life seen such slanted journalism. I won't read certain newspapers any more because of it. Terry McAullife (I think that is her name) came out and said Fox of all of them is the only media outlet being fair. Go figure. Anyway - it is just not sitting right with me - none of it - on a very deep level. I just feel he has had it too easy - and things are going to get interesting this summer.

Citizen said...

Thank you

blazer08 said...

Hi guys, I have publicly started to hate (not dislike anymore) the main-stream media and will no longer be watching or carrying the major news channels at my house. I have a Time magazine subscription which I will be ending.

Violetval, I think what Chris saw on Hillary's chart was conflict (but it's the interpretation might've been off) -I think she would've made a bigger dent in the popular vote (had it not been for the media calling this race 'over'). There are 665000 registered democrats in WV (last I checked), not all of them came out to vote, largely due to the media declaring an end to this race. Plus Obama was sending automated messages to people in WV, telling them no need to go out and vote "He's already won"!

Also, the headlines I see this morning, don't say "Hillary Won." They say "Hillary Won, because race was a factor." Media is race-baiting as far as I can tell, and driving a deeper wedge in the Democratic party. They, obviously, at this point, cannot fathom why educated, sane-minded, non-racist people would support Clinton and her historic candidacy.

blazer08 said...

Hey Chris,

It looks like you may have been right about something, but may be missed the date by a few days. You wrote in your previous blog post:

"First, I see that tr Mars and tr Moon will oppose the Sun in her campaign chart on May 10, which suggests conflict and stress from authority figures. This may manifest as a significant endorsement for Obama ahead of the West Virginia primary on May 13."

Looks like John Edwards will be endorsing Obama tonight. (The endorsement actually came a few days late). But, still ahead of the Kentucky primary. You may be right about all the conflicts on her chart. There's already a great deal of pressure (not to mention the media all long) for her to resign. It seems as though everytime something positive happens for her, something else happens to try and counter that effect.

But I still see her pushing on through until at least the June
3rd primary (which I am hoping will be a huge win for her). She deserves at least that much for her efforts to see this thing through.

Edwards is not a Super Delegate, but his endorsement does carry considerable weight in the media and the working-class wing of the democratic party. Kentucky is a chance to see if that endorsement will indeed help Obama with the working-class voters. As Obama is the front-runner... Again, I don't know what's happening behind the scenes or what's going to happen. I have been very dissappointed by the media at large (as I've expressed my disdain in previous posts), who have displayed their clear bias for all to see. If by the same rigging, Obama wins (and loses the GE or wins GE but fails in the presidency due to his inexperience), it will be very difficult for the press to redeem themselves or have the same influence in future elections. That said, my conscience would never allow me to vote for McCain for the reasons that he wishes to prolong the Iraq war and is not the right person to turn this country around. I don't know what's going to happen. I still have hopes for an HRC win.

Thanks Chris for all your analyses!

Christopher Kevill said...

blazer -- Thanks for that. It's standard operating procedure to time the release of positive news to dent the opposition in these races so no surprise that it should come today. It's good also that the Obama campaign chart is still a good predictor of basic ebb and flow -- even if I was a couple days off. Look for one other big Obama boost around the time of the Oregon and Kentucky primaries then as this will correspond to the Jupiter-Venus trine to his MC then. I think I mentioned May 18th as the most likely time. I wonder if it may be his planned May 20th "declaration of victory", assuming he actually does it. Or it may be another big endorsement.

Jackarooty said...

"Or it may be another big endorsement."

Perhaps Al Gore?

If HRC is not the nominee I will write in her name on the ballot in November. I cannot in good conscience vote for McCain knowing that he would send another 4,000 Americans to Iraq to die.

As I mentioned in a previous post I am a life long Massachusetts resident. I have been very unhappy that the senior and junior senators of my state endorsed BHO the candidate of hope, unity and change. Last fall I voted for Deval Patrick because he promised hope, unity and change. I'm still waiting. The best way for me to protest is to vote against any incumbent up for re-election and that includes Senator Kerry.
Bitter? Perhaps.
Also the timing of JE's endorsement was during the primetime news (6:15 p.m. to be exact) broadcasts. They could pick up the live feed so that the cable channels will hack the story to death along with HRC.

Chris, I shall be following events that coincide with your predictions anxiously. Thank you for allowing me to vent. I appreciate that you are monitoring the posts to maintain a decent level of civility.

Twilight said...

I doubt excitement about the John Edwards endorsement will sway many voters. Nobody gave him much support when they had the opportunity to do so earlier in the race. why would they take any notice of him now? I liked him, but I'm disappointed in they way he timed this announcement.

Oh dear - I hope that next blow Chris mentioned isn't an Al Gore endorsement - that would be a big boost for Obama. I'd been hoping Al Gore would stay out of the endorsement game.

It seems that now all we Hillary supporters can hope for is "something unexpected", during this summer, ideally before August, but definitely before November!

This will be my first opportunity to vote (I should be a citizen well in time for the General Election). I really don't want my first US vote to have to be for someone in whom I have no confidence at all - the Big O.

Unknown said...

Something to possibly consider:

Obama's October Surprise?

Again this is just speculation, but who knows?

mcbaby said...

check out these sites: http://www.michellewhitedove.com/Blog-ClintonObamaPsychicPredictionUpdate.php
http://peterserraino.com/predictions.html

mcbaby said...

check out these sites: http://www.michellewhitedove.com/Blog-ClintonObamaPsychicPredictionUpdate.php
http://peterserraino.com/predictions.html

Christopher Kevill said...

mcbaby -- I'm moderating the comments now so it may take a while for them to be posted. Also if you're posting a link, you may need to break into two lines if it's really long since the comments margins are pretty think. Long urls get cut off.

I think many astrologers believe that there are many wrinkles and disruptions to come in this campaign, so I'm not alone on that score. Most probably don't think Hillary can win, however.

suraj -- yes, an Iraqi connection for Obama would be the type of thing that could upset his campaign. I think most of the Rezko stuff he could probably wriggle out of. Obama's chart looks increasingly afflicted going forward. While I think the most likely outcome is him losing the nomination, it's possible that he might win. But those afflictions will have to catch up to him eventually. This makes him much less likely to win in November should be get that far.

Unknown said...

Hi Chris

There are rumours floating of a video of Michelle Obama making racist comments. The blogs are referring to it as Whitey Video and a search in google has lot of links to the story. If the video comes out then your prediction of Obama Dropping out in June may actually be true if Supers decide to back HRC. Do you see anything happening in the charts to that extent?

Twilight said...

There might be more adverse rumblings for Obama after 22 May - I'm not sure how much weight this meeting carries, or whether it's just the Republicans doing their thing.

Any resulting fall-out could be part of the upcoming problems for O which Chris has seen in the charts.

http://www.usasurvival.org/ck05.14.08.html

Ladymadchan said...

Re: what Rajendra said ^_^

Please look into it Chris. It's looking like a scandal of that magnitude will be necessary to open up a path to the nomination. Possible scenario: Republicans drop whatever October bomb they have about Obama *early* to bolster Hillary staying in the race til the convention, thereby help engineer a brokered convention and General Election chaos.

Unknown said...

Reports are out. Impact Not sure

http://www.usasurvival.org/docs/chicago-obama.pdf

http://www.usasurvival.org/docs/hawaii-obama.pdf

Getty1206 said...

Chris, do things still look like they did a couple weeks ago when you last posted "Trouble looms for the Obama campaign" ? Now that we are almost 2 weeks closer, does anything look more clear/less clear? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Chris

The statement made by Hillary today could have consequences.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0508/Hillary_cites_RFK_assasination_in_explaining_why_shes_still_in_race.html

Do you see any impact? Sites like Drudge have highlighted this in Bold

Unknown said...

Chris CVA now refers to new birth time of Obama.

http://www.councilvedicastrology.org/FA_President_09.htm

Jackarooty said...

Hi Chris,
Well this is a very interesting development. An Obama superdelegate switches back to Hillary. I believe that it's the first time this has happened. I'm grasping at anything now!!!
Virgin Islands DNC super Kevin Rodriquez, who switches back to Clinton after previously moving to Obama.

Miss America said...

Are you still posting insights into this political situation? Or have you just given up on it?

Christopher Kevill said...

miss america -- At this point I'm waiting for signifcant developments. Lately there hasn't been much. Also I'm waiting for some of those dates I've noted to see what transpires.

I'm getting ready to travel for the first part of June so I may not post much between now and then in any event.

christy said...

Hello, anybody home???

Getty1206 said...

Christy,
Chris is going away and won't post for a while, but I am very anxious for his next post. This all isn't over until the astrologer says it is..lol.

Twilight said...

It seems that Chris is away at present, Christy - according to the comment above.

I think everyone is feeling a little deflated after yesterday.

It ain't over yet though - in spite of what media is saying. Obama is only officially the Democratic nominee after the delegates vote in August - and they can change their minds.

I'm looking forward to what Chris can tell us on his return.

Ladymadchan said...

Hey Chris,

Is it really over now?

christy said...

I know he's going away, it's just that I feel so sad and heartbroken. I just want to hear from you guys........

simone_lawson22 said...

Hi Chris, I have been reading your astrology blog for long.
I hope you have noted the fact that Hillary has not removed her name from the ballot but has only suspended her campaign. She still retains all the delegates and votes she received(like John Edwards did). Now i was wondering - is possible that your astrological predictions made on 13th June that Hillary will win 'still holds' - because as expected the scam about Obama comes out sometime(due to his stars) and force him to drop out, causing the super delegates and the Democratic party to call Hillary back to be their candidate?.

simone_lawson22 said...

Hi Chris, I read your astrology blog regularly. Thanks for your insight into the democratic party primary race. You would know Hillary has not withdrawn from the race or taken her name off the ballot but has only suspeneded her campaign(like John Edwards). So she retains all her delegates and her votes and her support base. I was wondering if your prediction on May 13th about Hillary eventually winning the nomination is still possible - i mean if that bad scandal about Obama breaks out(due to his stars)- then is it possible the Democratic Party will call her back to be the nominee instead?. Thanks.

Christopher Kevill said...

Thanks for clarifying Simone. I agree I should have used suspend. I may change it.